Here are the comments guests have left in our online guestbooks for our properties. Whether you're after a beach bach, wedding venue, winter break or luxury accommodation, there's a Visit Waiheke holiday house for you!
Enjoy your own Waiheke Island holiday: browse and book online
- "Great batch great location" Mike Farmer May 2017
- “A perfect location for a great weekend away. Great views and location close to town, museum, library, public transportation, beach, etc. Great friendly communication:) Thank you Richard ” Jaime Christmas Mar 2017
- "Dealt with Sharonagh and she was lovely and very helpful.Great location, had everything we needed for our stay. Would stay again!" Nicki Pugh Mar 2017
- "Very good with emails, lots of communication received and then we were handed over to Sharonagh who was excellent with our queries during our stay, even showed concern that we hadn't arrived when she had swung by (we had but had dropped luggage and headed out to vineyards). This bach is located in a great spot, 30 second walk to township. Well looked after, clean and open plan. Great to have the linen and cleaning built into fee. We were able to easily arrive and depart by bus, so no car required. Lovely decks for socialising on, 5 ladies thoroughly enjoyed this renovated bach." Annette Hayes Feb 2017
- "Great personal service, visited the property, ensured we were well informed, friendly and informative manner" Mike Satherley Feb 2017
- "Great location"
Samatha Knowles, Jun 2016
- Great location, so close to shops, cafes and beach. Nothing fancy but nice and clean. Suited us perfectly for the weekend.
Kelly Glover, Apr 2016
- Beautiful place, had everything we needed. Great advice from Richard and Dean on places to go.
David Morrison, Apr 2016
- Great bach, excellent location. Would definitely rent again.
Bridan, Feb 2016
- Nice batch, great location.
Daniela Smith, Feb 2016
- "Great location near Oneroa shops and the beach!"
Ailsa Fisher, Feb 2016
- The bach is in a great location close to Oneroa village/shops. The bach is cosy with good indoor/outdoor flow. It had everything we needed and suited us for our stay.
Barry, Jan 2016
- Great family bach with great outdoor living. Lovely view. Clean and tidy house with everything we needed! Would stay again!
Paul Castle, Sep 2015
- Great location within walking distance from Oneroa village. The house has a nice outdoor space too.
Jeroen Schoorel, Mar 2015
- The Bach was fantastic! Really close (walking distance) to main shops and cafes and also an easy walk down to the beach or headland. Very spacious and clean inside!
Megan Power, Dec 2014
- The location was perfect close to everything!! The large decks were great also.
Aine Friel, June, 2014
- Great location, handy to shops, beach and bus. Kids enjoyed plenty of grassed areas to run around on. Bach fully equipped with everything you need, clean and tidy, highly recommend.
J Paterson Apr 2014
- Lovely house and maintained well. Great location. Close to everything.
Roshni Ravi, Mar 2014
- This is a fabulous bach. This property is very close to Oneroa village and to the beach, which was important when staying with two 80 year olds!. The bach is well laid out and comfortable, with a lovely sea view and private deck at the back as well. I would happily stay there again.
Janet Schofield, Mar 2014
- Great indoor outdoor flow, sea views, and walking distance to Oneroa shops, cafes and beach. Plenty of space for our whole family.
Lesley Butler, Mar 2014
- Lovely bach and great to deal with - family had a wonderful time staying here. Great space for kids to run around and so close to town and beach.
Marama Watama, Feb 2014
- Beautiful property, amazing views & the house weas very clean & tidy. I had a great stay.
Cara Croft, Apr 2013.
- This bach is just amazing! Perfect location, fantastic views, and a very modern and clean bach. Will definitely be back!
Jo Donaldson, Apr 2013
- Great location and base to explore Waiheke.
Cassandra Pinner, Nov 2012
- Great property, brilliant loaction near the beach and high street, everything you need for a great break on Waiheke.
D Gillingwater, Sep 2012.
- "Awesome place loved spa and quiet too.." Trish Legg May 2017
- "Super easy to communicate with. Amazing as usual" Eamon Crowley Apr 2017
- "So easy and straight forward. Any troubles I encounted online he had rectified with in 24hrs. His turn around times were more then acceptable.Such an amazing spot, the views are stunning. The property was so clean and well set out. Very nice spot, romantic, private, peaceful and relaxing. All in all we enjoyed the whole experience." Laurent L'eveille Mar 2017
- "The Bach was beyond our expectations. very clean and had everything we needed. Location is excellent with spectacular views and close to Oneroa. Can highly recommend this Bach."
Chris Montgomery, Mar 2017
- "Gave us great information and recommended Tantalus to us which turned out to be our favourite stop of our weekend." Anna Cullen Feb 2017
- “Perfect mini getaway, thank you” Kirsten Sweeney Feb 2017
- "Easy to deal with and very helpful" Katie Mortimer Feb 2017
- “What a treat this gorgeous little place was, the most perfect spot, so romantic and the spa was the cherry on top at sunset. Can not rave enough about this stunning place.” Sharon Palmieri Jan 2017
- “My wife and I stayed here for a weekend of wine tasting. It's a beautiful place with a great view of a small bay. The view and hot tub were a great way to finish each day. ” Andy Bruce Jan 2017
- “This airbnb is secluded away from the bustling Waiheke Island in peak holiday time. It was a perfect opportunity to relax with all the doors open and relaxing with a wine on the verandah. The use of the BBQ was also great rather than to eat out every night. We stayed 3 nights and could have stayed longer.”
Alison, Jan 2017
- “Stylish batch with amazing view in a perfect location. Thanks for having us- would be more than happy to return one day!” Ulrike Drager Jan 2017
- “Very peaceful place with amazing views. ”
Nathalie Glaea, Jan 2017
- "Fabulous Bach. Beautiful setting. Would definitely recommend staying here if you want a relaxing romantic break."
Sharon Stobart, Dec 2016
- We had the best time staying at Bach on Burrell, weather was amazing. Location perfect. Bach was the perfect size for the two of us with everything we needed to make our stay comfortable.
Kaitlin, Nov 2016
- “Beautiful and clean house with a great deck and outdoor setup. Communication with Richard was a breeze - will definitely try to stay here again in the future. ”
Robert, Nov 2016
- "Fantastic place to stay for a romantic weekend away! We loved the cosy cottage waking up to the beautiful views and sitting in the spa pool over looking the sunset each night! Highly recommend to all couples wanting a few nights away."
Joe Wernham, Nov 2016
- “Had a wonderful and relaxing stay at the Bach on Burrell! The bach was very well-appointed and beautifully designed - we loved the location and the views! Easy walk to nearby cafes in Surfdale and rented ecycles to get around the island. Loved Waiheke Island and would definitely recommend the Bach on Burrell! The pictures accurately reflect the bach and Richard was very responsive and provided great recommendations! Thank you for a wonderful stay!”
Cori, Oct 2016
- Beautiful view to wake up to in the morning. Clean and well maintained bach. Enjoyed our stay.
Srivalli, Oct 2016
- The Bach on Burrell is so beautiful. Lovely view and everything you need. The spa pool is a bonus - overlooking the water. Very peaceful. Nice little details.
Anna Thorpe, Oct 2016
- "Couldn't recommend this property enough. A perfect romantic getaway, the views from the bach are incredible, during the day and particularly on a starry night. Spa pool was perfect. Everything was first class. It was incredible to cook on the bbq after a long winter in Auckland. Oneroa and Surfdale (French hot for a good coffee) only a 10minute walk away, the locals are lovely, very friendly. We had the most magical weekend - Bach on Burrell you've set the bar very very high. Thank you."
Nuala McClinton, Sep 2016
- “Great place with amazing views. Richard was a great host and knowledgeable about Waiheke. Highly recommend staying here.”
Michelle Caroll, Sep 2016
- "Perfect romantic getaway. Loved the spa."
Sarah Buckland, June 2016
- "Truly amazing bach, the perfect setting for a weekend away for two, all amenities you need and the view from the spa is amazing. Close enough to walk to Oneroa so a car is not necessary. We will definitely be back for more!"
Eamon Crowther, May 2016
- "Excellent batch. Perfect for couple. We took our car but could easily be used without a car."
Richard Jones, May 2016
- “Very modern and well equipped. Nice location with beautiful views, Would highly recommend.”
Nick, Apr 2016
- Stunning views, very neat and clean, beautifully presented and decorated modern bach. A great view of water and evening sunset. Spa and BBQ was a bonus. Great for a weekend away in peace. Thanks from
Madhu and Vinod Pal, Apr 2016.
- Outstanding property in immaculate condition. Really thoughtful and welcoming. Made our stay even more enjoyable having his insight into the area and things to do.
Alex, Apr 2016
- Great wee spot with amazing views and a lovely spa, felt very relaxed and away from the world. We have already been recommending it to all our friends!
Natalie, Mar 2016
- Beautiful bach overlooking the sea, great for a romantic break. The bach has been tastefully decorated, idyllic.
Emarais, Mar 2016
- Absolutely beautiful views, very quiet location, lots of native birds in the surrounding trees. Lovely house, we'd certainly love to come back here.
Ali, Feb 2016
- The bach is private and very peaceful, it's ultra modern and has beautiful decor. We loved spending time there and would thoroughly recommend the place to our friends.
Tracy, Feb 2016
- Great spot with helpful, friendly service and it was clean and tidy. Thanks
Abby, Feb 2016
- A very cute cottage with a simply spectacular view very close to everything you need. And a spa on the deck. What more could a couple want?
Andrew, Jan 2016
- Private, peaceful, well appointed property to enjoy afternoon sun, evenings and sunsets on the deck with fabulous sea views. Booked this property mid-year and had been looking forward ever since, it did not disappoint. Ideal couples retreat-our little slice of paradise, would love to return.
Debbie Perry, Dec 2015
- Both the place and the location were great! The views were amazing and the afternoon sun made it perfect to sit on the back porch and have a glass of wine! The trail down the hill out back made it a close walk to town for shopping and dinner as well. Would highly recommend staying here!
John Steven, Nov 2015
- We loved the privacy of the bach and found the location really handy. Only took a few minutes to get to from the car ferry. Gorgeous views made relaxing a pleasure especially with the spa pool on the deck. We didn't do any cooking while there but everything was there if required including a BBQ. Over all we were very happy.
Raewyn, Nov 2015
- The accommodation could not be better. We absolutely loved it and my husband said that it is by far the best accommodation we have ever stayed in, in all our travels. The view was spectacular, the interior of the house was perfect for 2 people, clean, neat, modern and really comfortable. Heating for the cold nights, BBQ with a view and a private Spa pool with a view. It truly was an incredible experience. We did not want to leave.
Lindi Boyd, NOv 2015
- The property is very well set-up and the location is fantastic - west facing so it gets great evening sun. The only thing missing is an auxiliary cord to connect an ipod or phone to the stereo system. We will definitely stay again!
Nick Francis, Oct 2015
- The photos really did not do this beautiful little slice of heaven justice, i would definitely recommend this place to friends and family and the view was spectacular.
Shelley Felise-Asomua, Sept 2015
- Lovely to come back and enjoy this all again. Beautiful Waiheke Island bach, views, wine and food. All amazing and certainly worth crossing the Tasman for. If only we could do it more often.
With thanks Jim & Elizabeth, Brisbane, Aug 2015
- Proximity to town was excellent via a private path to the beach it's a short picturesique walk. The property has everything that you could need with all mod cons and excellent layout for a couples weekend away. Sea views from the Spa.
Brad Man, Jul 2015
- Gorgeous location and the bach was super cute, very clean, and had everything we needed. Great for a weekend away!
Stephanie Bennett, May 2015
- Thank you so much for a gorgeous little visit. After a busy wedding it was great for us to finally relax. The spa pool was the best part especially with the beautiful surroundings. The DVD's was a nice little extra, too.
Mr and Mrs Timpson, Feb 2015
- Hard to leave such a lovely part of the world!
Peter and Tina Duffy, Feb 2015
- What a very clever and beautifully stylish gem. Wish we could pick it up and take it home with us!! Thanks for a wonderful break away.
Tony Waite, Jan 2015
- Richard have us a great welcome to the property and provided friendly suggestions of great local places to try. Many thanks. We loved the bird song.
Scott Schneebeli, Oct 2014
- Lovely property, great location! Perfect for a weekend getaway!
Simon Moseby, Aug 2014
- Had the most AMAZING time. We willl be back for sure!
Alison Bourke, Mar 2014
- Actual property even better than photos. Everything so clean and fresh. Totally private. Will definitely try to go and stay again.
Judith Corcoran, Feb 2014
- Loved the peaceful surroundings. Beautiful view of water and sunset. Clean and very well decorated. Comfortable couch and bedding and a great large shower. The outdoor spa was a real treat as was the easy outdoor flow from the inside living area to outside deck for the morning coffee or late night drink! We had a fantastic weekend away and our first trip together leaving the kids in 8 years! (8 year old and 2 year old). We couldn't have picked a better place to relax! Thanks Bach on Burrell! :-)
Melanie Pero, Feb 2014
- Awesome service, fabulois property! Will definitely be back!
Katie McAleese, Jan 2014
- Beautiful bach with stunning views, we didn't want to leave!
Helen Morgan Oct 2013
- This is a great property perfect for a couples retreat. Beautifully presented and appointed, although an oven would be great for those winter stays when the weather isn't suitable for barbecuing.
Janet Cowper, Sep 2013
- Loved the Bach and the team did everything to make our stay perfect. Great to relax and recharge and will definitely be back.
Melissa Nelson, Aug, 2013
- Immaculate little bach with stunning views. Lots of privacy yet in a central location - we thought this was the perfect spot for a weekend mini-break. Definitely will be staying there again!
Talei Wong, Apr 2013.
- Just wonderful! Views were incredible!
Su Beresford, Apr 2013
- Excellent Property. We would love, love, love to stay again. I highly recommend this property to anyone wanting a romantic, quiet getaway... which is also close to everything the island has to offer. I agree with the past review that the photos do not do this property justice, the views are amazing.
Lucy Allen, Mar 2013
- Stunning views, was great watching the sunset from the spa, within walking distance to the Oneroa village and great wineries, just perfect!! Didnt want to leave, and would most definately go back!
Daniel Thorne, Feb 2013
- Superb location; nice place and great views! Absolutely a great place to stay.
Walter Stein, Dec 2012
- Great place to stay
Sarah Jarvis, Sep 2012
- Amazing property, photos don't do it justice. If you are after a romantic place to chill out with your loved one this is the place to go.
brent la franchie, Sep 2012
- An awesome and quiet place for the prefect getaway! Very happy with our stay!
Siu Langi, Aug 2012
- Props to Richard for knowing instantly that we were Aucklanders haha! Took his advice and left the blinds open all weekend long. Bach on Burrell is a very unassuming property but when you walk in and take in the double deck and AMAZNG views, you realize you're going to have a perfect stay. Spa was incredible, loads of peace and quiet and great place to BBQ and just chillax. Thanks for a great stay, will try and make it back.
Mridula Narayan, Aug 2012
- After reading all the reviews, we booked this bach for our first anniversary. It is as everyone says...the perfect romantic getaway. The interior is beautifully furnished and the view from the deck amazing. It’s a great location and we took in a few walks nearby before soaking in the spa... a great way to end the day. Bach on Burell was far better than the honeymoon room we had when we married in Waiheke. Would definately go back.
Tracy Di-Cesare, May 2012
- An amazing spot, beautiful place with lots of sunshine and privacy. Would definately go back there again. Photos dont do it justice.
Kerri Gorrett, Mar 2012
- Stunning location & a perfect getaway for two!
Matt Kilkenny, Jan 2012
- What a fanstastic little bach, perfect for a couples' getaway! Amazing views, really stylish interior, feels secluded but is quite convenient to shops etc
David, Jan 2011
- Great place. Fantastic views.
David Whiting, Jan 2011
- Excellent facilities, fantastic views privacy when you want as well as a friendly chat! Dinner and wine at Mudbrick amazing, great staff.
Monica Smith, Nov 2010
- Quiet, peaceful location and only a 10 minute walk to Surfdale restaurants and small grocery store. Flat is very clean and quiet. Nice paintings on wall, by Clive, the host. Flat well appointed with small kitchenette, BBQ; all that we needed as a couple. Really enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back. Thanks Jenny, Clive & Richard.”
Magaret Johnston, Apr 2017
- “Lovely place, excellent views. Really clean and massive comfy bed. Very quiet and lovely welcoming hosts.” Alison Baillie Mar 2017
- “Richard, thanks for a great weekend at Waiheke! Not only the beautiful weather but also the accomodation was perfect for us with beautiful view over the bays.” Peter Feije Mar 2017
- "We had such a wonderful stay, with the most kind and accomodating hosts. A perfect new set-up, with absolutely everything you need (including lovely linens and towels), and such a short drive (or bus), to Oneroa. Thank you!" Charlotte Rea Mar 2017
- “We had such a wonderful stay, with the most kind and accomodating hosts. A perfect new set-up, with absolutely everything you need (including lovely linens and towels), and such a short drive (or bus), to Oneroa. Thank you! ”
Charlotte Rea Mar 2017
- "Mint view, nice house" Taylor Campbell Jan 2017
- Fantastic place. Clean and spacious. Great location and easy to get around by bus. Netflix was a bonus! Beautiful views from deck Emma Carver Jan 2017
- “Convenient location close to restaurants and bus stop across the road. ”
Elvira Mouton, Oct 2016
- The "Bayview Bungalow" has absolutely fantastic views from all parts of the house and we loved the comforting view of the fire at night (even if it wasn't real). Has everything you could need, with restaurants and pubs in walking distance, and public transportation for everywhere else on the island.
Brian, Jun 2016
- Excellent for two couples with great outdoor areas.
Tricia, Dec 2015
- The house was very nice and tidy, and enjoyed great views,
Tim Barclay, Apr 2013
- Excellent property great views and made to feel like you are at home. Cheers JT
James Terry, Mar 2013
- Great place to stay. Would recommend
Sargant, Jan 2012
- Excellent view; sunset incredible. Very comfortable; central location was handy; short walk to sheltered beach.
Jeff Schnell, Jan 2012
- “Amazing views and fantastic accommodation ” Sophie Mellsop May 2017
- "Great place to stay, lovely morning sitting on the deck in the sun. Would definitely stay again.." Mayzie and Phil Harris Apr 2017
- “It was lovely to be meeted and greeted and shown a map of Waiheke and recommended places to go. The house was clean, modern and had everything we needed, also the view from the house was amazing. Nothing to improve on.” Gemma Fielding Mar 2017
- “This was the perfect location for a great weekend away. Views and layout of house are even better than the photos. We will definitely be back!” Chelsea Mitchell Feb 2017
- "Awesome easy to deal with super friendly" Jess Massey Feb 2017
- "Great quick communication and ease of stay. Felt welcomed and able to ask for anything." Kate Gumbrell Feb 2017
- "Really friendly and easy to deal with. Will definitely try and come back". Ruth McFadyen Jan 2017
- "Bayview Retreat has stunning views of Oneroa and the beach. It's just gorgeous. The house is very comfortable, and easily fits 8 adults into 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. It has everything one would need (except for WiFi)! It's situated in a good location, only a short walk to Little Oneroa beach and general store. Oneroa township is a 30 minute walk approximately. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thanks" Melanie Antcliffe Jan 2017
- "Excellent location, lovely house, great view. An easy place to live in, bit of a walk to the beach & Oneroa but good exercise." Karen Clegg Jan 2017
- "A lovely house with a spectacular view. Just a short walk through the bush to the beach, and the same distance again from the township. Everything was clean and tidy. The whole experience was great."
Karl Eagle, Oct 2016
- "The house was lovely. Stayed with friends at the property and would love to take the kids back too. Thank-you!"
Hayley Thompson, Jun 2016
- "Great property, exceeded our expectations, organising this stay went very smoothly, before, during and after. If we were to visit Waiheke again would love to return to this property."
Aneela Jeram, May 2016
- Amazing views. Fantastic house. Great walking pathway to Little Oneroa close by."
Imogen Kennedy, Apr 2016
- Fantastic property, amazing views, walkable to beach and the town. Perfect!
Rachel, Mar 2016
- The place was perfect for our group of eight and was easy walking distance to the beaches and a wood fired pizza stand. The view from the lounge and deck was amazing. The property was nice and clean (thanks Richard!) and the rooms were lovely and quiet.
Sara, Mar 2016
- If anything, I think that you undersell this property on your website. The views were actually breath taking and. It was clean and very well equipped. We would definitely book this property again.
Josephine, Jan 2016
- The house was well furnished, in excellent condition, great view and outdoor area. Really enjoyed it.
John, Jan 2016
- Great location, lots of space, great hygiene and amazing view. Perfect for sunsets and sunrises and saw many shooting stars late at night. Over all a very comfortable stay and felt incredibly welcomed by richard. Will definitely be staying here again at some point in the future. :)
Shruthi, Jan 2016
- The house was very comfortable and clean. The views were amazing and only a short walk down to the beach. The property was very easy to get to on the bus from the wharf and having a convenience store close by was also handy.
Kalindhi, Nov 2016
- If your wanting a property that ticks all boxes for a perfect holiday i can guarantee that Bayview retreat Oneroa is the one. This house is soaked in sunlight up a private driveway. The house captures all the amazing things of Waiheke with the panoramic views of the island from its large deck. The house is no less than 5 minutes from the main town square. It is a hidden gem on a beautiful island. Highly recommended.
Brandon Laws, Oct 2015
- Had an absolutely wonderful stay..... Would highly recommend for couples
Jenna Hansen, Jul 2015
- Beautiful bach that had everything we needed and more. The views were exceptional and plenty of space for the 9 of us. Good location for walking to Oneroa and exploring the rest of the island, buses leave regularly from a stop 10mins walk away.
Cheryl Newman, Jul 2015
- Great place, fantastic view,
Anna Kate Speir, May 2015
- Great customer experience will definitely return thank you. Perfect.
Deb Turton, Mar 2015
Wonderful views, comfortable beds, nice big towels and very good location in relation to Oneroa and only a short walk to the beach.
Sally Cruickshank, Mar 2015
- The property is nicely presented with plenty of parking. Views are awesome, and fairly handy to the beach, an energetic short walk away.
Don Chapman, Mar 2015
- Loved the property, stunning views, huge garden, very easy walk to Little Oneroa, wonderful place to stay and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again.
Laurie Gibbins, Feb 2015
- Very comfortable house in good location. Clean with everything one needs for a great holiday. Thankyou!
Susan Nementzik, Jan 2014
- Can't impress how wonderful this accommodation was. Spacious, clean and perfectly positioned, our needs were met in every way!!!Our Xmas BBQ lunch for 16 was managed with ease given the open plan facilities. The Balcony and views were wonderful. A perfect apartment for a perfect occasion!
Liz Garrigan, Dec 2014
- The view, the rooms and furnishings and the locality made this a perfect house to rent for our larger group.
Jill Taylor, Nov 2014
- Fantastic property with beautiful views. Great for a group as plenty of space. Highly recommended.
Brooke Lavery, Sep 2014
- Lovely house with the most amazing views. My wife and I and her family stayed her. 8 people in total with plenty of space. Beautiful!
Miles Davis, Mar 2014
- Lovely place, spacious, open and with beautiful views. Very clean.
Josephine van der Walle, Jul 2014
- "Lovely roomy home, nicely furnished, great deck and views. Out of the way but easy to get to with your own vehicle" Jim Brooker Jan 2017
- Stunning property hidden away from neighbours and any resemblence of city life - just what we were looking for. If you're after tranquility, spectacular views as well as a lovely house then this will be what you're looking for with everything you need. If you're into massages, then arrange for the local Day Spa to come visit and get a massage on the deck - unbeatable location and experience.
Sue Hart, Jan 2014
- Great location and well set up for family activities. Would love to have stayed longer!
Pamela Wahlers, Mar 2015
- Fantastic property and location - it was perfect for our weekend getaway. Rocky Bay is a little gem of a spot, and very quiet. Couldn't fault anything with the house, had everything we needed and was nice and clean - appreciated the inclusion of linen and towels.
Danielle Martin, Nov 2014
- Lovely well kitted out Bach/holiday home. Very relaxing stay with nice seaviews across to Auckland and the Skytower. Use of bike and Kayak much appreciated. Would happily stay again.
Kenny Gallacher, April 2013
- Great location with super facilities. Clean and welcoming with quality linen and utensils. Sporting enthusiasts well catered for.
Christine, May 2012
- Great house and amenities. Close to Rocky bay beach. Perfect for us.
Betone, Dec 2011
- A fabulous place.....home away from home. gorgeous views, lovely native birds, and total relaxation. exceeded our expectations, and excellent value for money. Manager very helpful and all together a very positive experience. thanks very much
Krisell, Nov 2011
- A very pleasant stay, The Barn is very well equiped for spending good holidays ; thanks especially for the dingy , the children loved fishing in the bay . Yes we would like rent again this house in the future ! Q family from Tahiti.
Christine, Apr 2011
- The location is stunning. Perched in an elevated position looking over Onetangi beach. The west-facing decks & seating captured all the afternoon sun late into the summer evening 8-9pm (extraordinary). The resident Tuis were a bonus you could almost touch them!. The shady petanque court inspired. The interior was practical and beautifully laid out for holiday makers. Enclosed outdoor shower with a pohutakawa in full bloom overhead - simply HEAVEN.
Amanda Kabel, Dec 2014
- Gorgeous spot, we loved our stay and Richard was so easy to deal with. A wonderful weekend away.
Rachel Stokes, Jul 2014
- The best compliment that I can give this property is that it feels like home.... Had another wonderful stay and look forward to my next visit there soon. Thanks again.
Claudia Woolner, Aug 2011
- What a beautiful property with a spectacular view, privacy and all of the amenities and special touches that you could want for a relaxing week on Waiheke Island. Will definitely book this property again!!! Thank you for opening up your lovely home to us. We had a fantastic time.
Claudia Woolner, Mar 2011
- “This home is in a spectacular location with a great view of Onetangi beach and out across the Gulf. The home is spacious and as it appears in photographs. You may want to bring bottled drinking water with you. We had a great long weekend here. ” Callum Jan 2017
- “One of the most spectacular views I have ever seen. What a fabulous property, thank you.”
Simon, Sep 2016
- “Lovely house. Gorgeous outdoor area...just wish it had of been summer! Thanks for having us, it's a great spot and I remember staying here a few years ago. ” Michelle Woolley Jun 2017
- “A beautiful character filled property with fantastic outdoor area. We loved the pizza oven - although we didn't cook it was a great outdoor fire, and loved the festive outdoor lighting. Very clean, beautifully presented and a pleasure to stay in.” Marika Bevin-Jukes May 2017
- "House was lovely both inside and out and perfect for a group. Using the pizza oven was a great way to spend an evening catching up. House was surrounded by trees and bird life. Fun going to Saturday am markets a short walk across mangroves." Ana Dernier May 2017
- “Such a comfortable place with lots of areas depending on the weather, large kitchen/dining, covered deck, open deck, comfortable living room, all in such a tranquil setting.” Kurt Mastrovich Apr 2017
- "Nice big property, great for all the kids and pizza oven was fun to use"
Michael Sue, Apr 2017
- "Easy to deal with and quick to answer any questions. I've used him before and will do in the future. Comes highly recommend" Jordan Leverifge Fen 2017
- "Large and beautiful house, ideal for large families or groups travelling together. We had a good time using the pizza oven! The house is set in a quiet location, with beautiful garden and views." Wei Yii Jan 2017
- "Fantastic place for a large family weekend, absolutely loved everything about it"
Sue McNutt, Nov 2016
- We were an extended family group eleven in total with children 5- 10 years and it worked very well for us plenty of space clean and tidy and a short drive to Palm Beach.
Margaret Tomlinson, Jan 2015
- It was a great place to stay for a big group. Very accommodating. We loved the wood fire pizza oven and the outdoor setting.
Elizabeth van Huenen, Dec 2014
- The property had great atmosphere and great for large groups.
Jackie Conaghan, Nov 2014
- Really great for large groups, it was perfect for our girls weekend as there are many options for indoor or outdoor spaces, covered or open. Having downstairs and the cute little studio also allows for plenty of room and privacy. Beds so comfortable & nice linen & towels. Awesome big outdoor table for entertaining. Would definitely love to stay here again! Thank you
Janet Keven, Nov 2014
- Lovely house, really enjoyed our stay! Such a nice setting. Would definitely stay again. Loved the pizza oven.
Bryony Kapo, Sep 2014
- House was amazing. A great weekend was had by all. The coffee left by Richard is still a talking point.
Dearbhaile Hurley, Apr 2014
- Great property - plenty of space for large groups and variety for entertaining. The Pizza oven & kitchen and living areas very roomy. Decor was very tasteful. We all loved the awesome wooden bench top.
Cecilia Hurley, Mar 2014
- A great "Home of Madness" - the perfect place for extended family weekend with ages ranging from 85 to teens. We had a great time cooking, eating and sampling wine and celebrating numerous family birthdays for the mad month of March. Thank you for making our family time special and enjoyable. We will have to find another reason to return soon.
ADDITIONALCOMMENT : Every thing was perfect - thank you Richard for your care and attention. Please thank the family whom own the property for their hospitality too. Kind regards
Cecilia & Family, Mar 2014
- I stayed here with 9 friends, we had a fantastic time, its a great house for entertaining with the great pizza oven, large outdoor table and open plan kitchen. The beds were really comfortable and the house had a great feel to it. It wasn't walking distance too much but the buses on the island are easy enough to catch I would definitely stay here again
Michelle Honore, Mar 2014
- It is sheltered; we were there during Cyclone Lusi and hardly noticed it except for the rain. Pizza oven great fun even if we couldn't get it to right temperature. We were a mixed family group (6 adults, two grandchildren) and it really worked well for us. Particularly liked the large family table and very well-equipped kitchen.
Bruce Ferguson, Mar 2014
- Great hosts, great house! Casamatta is the perfect place for large or small groups to enjoy arestful and comfortable holiday on beautiful Waiheke. It has everything you need, as well as some fantastic extras. The pizza oven was a huge hit with us, as were ALL those cozy living spaces and super spacious kitchen where everyone could gather, have a drink and soak up the atmosphere. We will be back :) Thanks for having us!
Natalie Neuhauser, Jan 2014
- Great house to relax with friends, especially the great outdoor area and Pizza Oven. Had a fantastic weekend and would definitely recommend this place.
Jamie Ritchie, Aug 2013
- Thanks for a great few days with the family. Can you pass onto the owners our real appreciation of being able to share their house with our family. First time we have all been together for a couple of years and don’t know when it will happen again so it was a magic time. The outdoor living and space of the property were key.
Trevor Taylor, Apr 2013
- This house was incredible! We had an amazing weekend and wanted for nothing, the house is equipped with everything you might need. The rooms are gorgeous, and we loved all the little areas to enjoy the sun, relax, eat meals etc. We mastered the pizza oven without much trouble (a great source of pride) and just generally didn't ever want to leave! Highly recommended.
Willow Nov 2012
- Great property, well maintained and perfect for our small wedding party. Pizza oven was great fun and pizzas were lovely. Spotlessly clean and felt really homely. Didn't want to leave. Property managers were pleasant, friendly and very helpful. Highly recommend Casamatta. Mark and Tracey (UK)
Tracey Cartwright, Apr 2012
- Fab spot. Quiet and user friendly, yet very stylish as well. Great for groups.
Julie Anderson, Mar 2012
- Fantastic property, loads of space, very well equipped kitchen - thanks for the champagne, mineral water and olives - and beautiful grounds (freshly grown lettuce and herbs - amazing!)! Bumbled our way into using the pizza oven - great fun, and awesome pizzas! Great place to retreat with friends. Thank you.
Lucy Riggall, Nov 2011
- Had a lovely stay, really enjoyed ourselves. House is amazing! Would definitely stay again!
Sarah Nell, Mar 2011
- Sunny cottage in a quiet peaceful location a short walk up the hill from Little Oneroa Beach. Comfortable walking distance from Oneroa township and close to bus stops. The kitchen is new and very well stocked with appliances, utensils, crockery etc. It was mid winter when we stayed but there were heaters, electric blankets and rugs to keep us warm. A selection of books, DVDs and a good WiFi connection kept us entertained. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will stay again.
Carolyn and Alex Garden, July 2015.
- “Such a great stay, in a classic Kiwi Bach. Clean, functional, great for the family and a view of the ocean from any room. Would happily come again! Thank you”
Gabrielle Lawton Mar 2017
- “Amazing location on the water at Blackpool, in a walkable spot from Oneroa. The hosts were incredible in making you feel welcome and were very quick and efficient communicators." Richy Craven 2017
- ""Wow! What an amazing property in a stunning location. The perfect Kiwi bach. Lovely and spacious, plenty of room for our family of 5. Nothing too flash but still has all the modern amenities and very clean and tidy. Added bonus was all the toys and books for the kids. Only wish we could have stayed longer. Richard was lovely to deal with. He went above and beyond to make sure we had a great holiday. Thank you!" Tracy Walker Feb 2017
- The place was really good. The view, being a 'beach front' bach was quite amazing and gave us an instant feel of relaxing. Richard pointed out lots of vineyards and other attractions to go and see. Beds were really comfy and shower was great. Had all the comforts of home. Thanks for a wonderful stay!" Jenny Gilespie Jan 2017
- "We stayed at Como for 5 days with our three young children. The view from the living room was smashing. We loved the location, away from the hustle and bustle of Oneroa but walking distance to Oneroa itself, Little Oneroa beach and a few local vineyards. The accomodation was suitable for our needs as a family. Plenty of towels and blankets. The kitchen was fully equipped, the BBQ was a bonus. We ate all our meals outside on the patio. There was a cricket set, bucket and spades, board games and books too. We also enjoyed the TV with cable in the evenings. The mozzies at night were a nuisance but hey, it's the summer! Communication with Richard was a breeze, the bottle of wine was greatly appreciated. Many thanks. All in all, a fabulous break in Waiheke. We will be backk!" Colm Caffrey. Dec 2016
- “Clean, spacious and functional. Great for family holidays!”
Mel Tab, Dec 2016
- Great location.
Annette, Jun 2016
- V"Great spacious house with a beautiful beach view & great view of the city lights at night."
Karen Nelson, May 2016
- "Great place, perfect for what we needed, close to everything & well set up, would recommend"
Wendy Naylor, Apr 2016
- Como had a fantastic location.” “It was a cute little bach very peaceful close to town”
Liz Apr 2016
- It's really a wonderful beach house. Just a few steps from the sea. Large space in the house, with everything you need. Very close to the town centre and convenient to everywhere.
Paul, Apr 2016
- What a great spot! So peaceful and only meters from the water. Has that classic kiwi Bach feel about it. We are looking forward to our next stay. Thank you, a pleasure to deal with! Great communication and very accomodating.
Robert Sturgess, Apr 2016
- Great location, very peaceful with lovely view. Bach spacious and sunny.
Gaylene, Nov 2015
- Beautiful location and a fantastic property that is just a short walk to Oneroa shops. The house had everything we needed for our stay, was clean and comfortable - would definitely stay again.
Amy Hackett, Nov 2015
- The property is the perfect kiwi beach side bach. We felt right at home and it had everything we needed. We loved the view out to Blackpool beach and it was a short walk up to the main shops. We only wish we had longer and could enjoy a good weeks summer holiday there. Hopefully we'll be back one day!
Anna Coffin, Oct 2015
- Great little place for a girls weekend away. Great spaces inside to hang out during the day. Kitchen was well stocked with all the necessary bits and pieces. The only issue was that it was freezing cold. The little oil heaters didn't generate enough heat to compensate for lack of insulation. There weren't extra blankets for all the beds. I can see this place would be awesome in summer, but in winter or spring (we stayed early September) bring extra clothes!!!!
Shirley McLeod, Sep 2015
- The property was gorgeous and had everything we needed. will definitely recommend to others, and would love to stay again. Beautiful view on gorgeous quiet street. Excellent access to everything the island has to offer.
Cathie Jenkins, Aug 2015
- Great location and property - very clean and tidy. We had a lovely stay!
Gemma Bradley, May 2015
- Nice light spacious bach on the beach front - very quiet area. Worked well with our children as space to play and sky TV.
Helen Nijssen, Apr 2015
- Great Bach! Fantastic location within walking distance to Oneroa town and fab views to wake up to over the waters, would defiantly stay again if we come back to Waiheke!
Sarah-Jane Simmonds, Apr 2015
- Your bach made our friend's wedding weekend... an awesome one. Thanks so much! Excellent location. All too easy and would absolutely recommend.
Bonnie Stanway, Mar 2015
- Location was nice, thought we could swim across the road but more of a water sports beach. Awesome deck and lawn area - lovely big house.
Hayley Thompson, Feb 2015
- Property was clean, tidy and sunny. Very comfortable. We had everything we needed. Location was great! We could swim just across the road, walk into town and it was quiet and relaxing.
Kathleen Till, Feb 2015
- Lovely place to stay with wonderful views. Very well set up and the linen and towels made us feel like we were staying in a luxury hotel. Perfect location for getting to Oneroa and other beaches but nice and quiet with hardly any traffic to disturb our holiday. Thank you
Sharelle Blundell, Feb 2015
- Great location. Laid back. Well presented. And lots of room. Definitely will be back
Maygan Grischy, Jan 2015
- Great location and well organised Bach for small family. Kitchen stuff could do with some focus though. One very small frypan wasn't quite enough, cutlery sparse and wine glasses a random collection. Only little things but make a difference for fairly low investment. But will definitely stay again!!
Felicity Christie, Jan 2015
- This is a perfect place for a family with children - loads of space, a great lawn, across form the water and walking distance to closest village. The outlook is amazing and really makes you feel like you are a million miles away.
Kylie Simonds, Dec 2014
- The bach is in a great location and has good sized living areas and outdoor areas. It is sunny and the rear is sheltered from the breezes off the sea. It is pretty well equiped though could do with some insect spray.
Wendy Riley, Dec 2014
VW: Thanks for that we will let the owners know to leave some.
- This property is a very spacious 2 bedroom beach front delight. My family, visiting from the UK, were delighted about the bach and the location. It's an easy walking distance to Oneroa, just the odd hill but certainly manageable. I would highly recommend this property for a relaxing Waiheke getaway.
Louise Gilbert, Nov 2014
- Wonderful beach front location, great front yard for kids to play, great proximity and easy walk to the Oneroa shops. Spacious lounge to gaze out to the waterfront and watch the world go by - loved this place. We'll be back!
Michelle Stackpole, Oct 2014
- Great location - walking distance to Oneroa centre. Highly recommend - I'll be back.
William Neville, Oct 2014
- The beauty about this bach is its location!! Right across from the beach, and only minutes from the shops and cafes. In summer I would expect it to be a real sun trap and it would be gorgeous on a Summers afternoon out on the front deck........sadly our weather was not sunny or warm.....The bach is simply furnished with basic kitchen commodities however, the bach was spotless on our arrival and the grounds of the property were well maintained.
Thank you! Lindy, Oct 2014
- Very comfy, hope to head back in summer with the family. Lovely position.
Alice Skidmore, Sep 2014
- Great location, lovely and airy space. Basic old-school bach but fab new shower (which is always important). The chairs in the lounge were divine, making it very easy to relax into island time. Great for families with young kids. Would totally recommend it.
Alexia Santamaria, May 2014
- Como Bach was near spotless when we arrived, such a welcome change from other places we have stayed. The view and position is magnificent, and perfect for those with small children as there are no stairs or heights we had to worry about and the road it sits on is quiet. Although not known as a swimming beach we had the best swim there when the tide was in and had great fun looking for crabs and watching the birds with the kids when the tide was out. Idyllic place!
Bonnie Sumner, Feb 2014
- Fantastic bach with everything you could need. Nice and airy and plenty of space. Great for our young children too.
Jonathan Armour, Feb 2014
- Really nice batch, right on the beach but still only a 5min walk to the shops. Inside is tidy and spacious and the outdoor area is great for a game of cricket or to relax. SKY and WIFI were definitely bonuses. Would stay here again anytime!!
Tom Mackinnon, Jan 2014
- What a gorgeous bach, looks straight out to the sea. Bach is deceptively roomy and has everything you need. Would love to come back and visit again.
Paul Mcnabb, Apr 2013.
- ComoBach was a very clean and comfortable place with plenty of space and a great area for our children to run around outside. We enjoyed the outdoor eating area and the view. Although the beach is not a good swimming beach, it was great for collecting cockles to cook up for breakfast. Two great swimming beaches within walking distance just over the hill and a good children's playground and yummy woodfired pizza. Walk to shops and restaurants. Very handy to everything.
Linda Roberts, Jan 2013
- The Como Bach was awesome really spacious, clean and the facilities were fantastic. We had everything we needed as the Bach was so well equipped. We had a lovely holiday and would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Sarah Gilfillan, Jan 2013
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Como Bach. It had more than enough room for the four of us and was well equipped with everything we needed. It is in a fantastic location, just a short walk to the main shops and Little Oneroa beach - which was our favourite sunbathing spot. Was amazing to be able to sit in the lounge and have a gorgeous view of the bay. Highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Waiheke. We regretted not booking for longer!
Trina Cullum, Jan 2013
- Great uninterrupted view. Perfect chairs to soak it in! Would love to stay more often!
Kenneth Fleck, Dec 2012
- Beautifully presented,mixture of old and new,every thing you need and fabulous views. Was a windy and sometimes wet weekend but we were warm and cosy. Many thanks to Richard for meeting us there and showing us the ropes,beds made,BBQ uncovered,made us feel special. We will be back.
Charles Preston, Sep 2012
- Close to Oneroa, fantastic views, lots of space. Great seating both indoors and outdoors. Beds are VERY firm. Everything you need for a fantastic break.
Mara Beerzins, Aug 2012
- Beautiful view and comfy chairs for the parents and with plenty of space for the kids to run around or explore the nearby beach. Perfect for us or anyone who wants a simple, lazy time off ;).
Tobias, Aug 2012
- Great spot to stay and wonderful for the kids, everything was there that we needed. Only one little negative was that the master bed was very hard but cant please everyone aye :) Thank you
Kerry, July 2012
- The bach and its environment are lovely, the property has been very thoughtfully prepared and maintained, we really enjoyed our short break.
Nikki, Mar 2012Good property with plenty of living and outdoor space. Views of Blackpool bay are great, though swimming is best only near high tide. A few good walks in the area too. Helpful to have a car as property is not on the main drag. All in all a good place, would come back.
Steve, Feb 2012
- Awesome place to stay!
Sophie, Jan 2012
- Lovely property, clean, bright and open with great views over the water. Well situated near to town. Would definately return another time.
Tessa, Nov 2011
- Comfortable homely bach - just what we needed!
Andrew, Jul 2011
- Como Bach was lovely. The location was fantastic and right on the beach and the bach itself was just gorgeous. So much space and light and sun all day. We very much enjoyed the feijoas and apples and herb garden too. Nicely furnished with everything you could need and just a great place to stay.
Holly, Mar 2011
- Fantastic bach, comfortable, roomy and absolutely spotless. Great location and outlook. Hope to rent this back again some day.
Annette, Feb 2011
Glad that you enjoyed staying at our bach, and thanks for leaving it tidy.
- “Great location in Oneroa with a short walk to restaurants, bars and shops. Breathtaking views of Oneroa beach to wake up to each morning. We had a wonderful stay and would recommend for anyone visiting Waiheke. ” Erin Redwine May 2017
- “Absolutely stunning view and perfect location. Great for a weekend.” Noni Nelson Mar 2017
- "Great response time. Stunning breathing taking open concept views, clean and modern. Listening to the waves is so surreal. Steps to downtown make this spot a must." Alison Dejong Feb 2017
- “Beautiful location and very private. Walking distance to everything including bus stop ”
Joy, Nov 2016
- “Beautiful ocean view and location near the goodies of town. Spotless unit!! Really appreciate the coffee, sugar and milk.”
- Katrina Pitts, Oct 2016
- "ComoExec is an excellent base for exploring Waiheke or just unwinding with a stunning view of the calm sea.It is located on the fringe of Oneroa shops & restaurants,so it’s an easy hop-skip-jump for whatever you are looking for be it a ‘bite’ or a ‘browse’.The beach is easily accessible as well.The room is impeccable & neat & the bed is comfortable.The bathroom is clean & spacious too.Attention to detail is evident wherever you look.Recommended for a perfect romantic getaway!"
Dharaa Oza, Jun 2016
- Very nice property & convenient location to Oneroa village and the beach. I would suggest a yearly bug spray. It does not have a ceiling fan and one very hot night we opened the two small windows and got badly bitten by mosquitoes in the night. We also had a whitetail and a trail of ants in the corner of the room. We did enjoy our stay though.
Beverd, Jan 2016
- Very private, clean, tidy, great location
Kelly Harding, Sept 2015
- Bach is at great location within walking distance to the beach and Oneroa village. Awesome views from the room and so nice to wake up to the sound of waves! Place is clean and tidy with very spacious bathroom. Although there are electric blankets provided I will probably also include a heater as it can be quite cold walking around the room and from bathroom, especially in winter!
Jessica Knight, Jun 2015
- Loved the view, excellent location. Lovely apartment. Would be nice to not have kitchen stuff in the bathroom - maybe a mini bench over the fridge, drawer area to use as a kitchenette.
Sonja Akkerman, Jun 2015
- Great location close to Oneroa shops and restaurants yet very quiet; beautiful view over the bay, islands and the Coromandel. Everything we needed for a two-night stay. Recommended.
Jo Berks, Apr 2015
- Very well maintained. Private. Good aspect. Excellent location
Mark Wiedemann, Mar 2015
- This accommodation more than lived up to expectation. A great sea view, well set out, close to wonderful restaurants and cafes. Bus stop for the island outside. We had a wonderful few nights here.
Fiona Boddy, Feb 2015
- Beautiful location, amazing view from the lovely terrace. The property had everything we needed. A very luxurious little break.
Angela O'Brien, Jan 2015
- Great location small room but what a view it was awesome. Only down side is people should be told NO parking had to unload and park some distance away on a back street.
Neil Koch, Jan 2015
- We loved our stay - perfect location, amazing views to wake up to, and couldn't be handier to the beach/bus/village. Top spot!
Angela Williams, Jan 2015
- A wonderful location being close into town. Wonderful views and a well appointed (small) apartment. I suppose the only thing lacking was perhaps some simple cooking facilities, such as a BBQ would be great, as you could kick back and take in the views.
Darryl Ede, Dec 2014
- Lovely view, very quiet and relaxing. Really enjoyed our stay thank you.
Megan Cooper, Nov 2014
- Great location. Easy connection to wifi and tv. Great views.
Anthony Buman, Nov 2014
- Wonderful apartment, amazing views from the bedroom, very quiet and private can hear the waves crashing.
Paul O'Driscoll, Nov 2014
- An excellent compact high quality apartment a stones throw to Oneroa. Waking up hearing the sea and the birds was a great reminder of what a treat waiheke is. Would highly recomend this apartment.
Anthony MacLean May 2014
- Well presented property, great location and perfect for couples
Vicki Jacques, Apr 2014
- ComoExec accommodation was fantastic very nicely furnished with a great view of the beach and quite private. Location in central Oneroa was great and hosts were lovely and let us check out late (even at late notice). GF was ecstatic. Recommended.
Chri Peek, Feb 2014
- Fantastic property, great location and the photos don't quite do it justice! We were very happy with our stay.
Genevieve Clark Mar 2013
- Perfect for a couple's get away. The sound of waves rolling on the beach below is very relaxing. A couple of minutes walk to the cafes of Oneroa.
Matthew Stewart, Apr 2012
- Get this one booked if your heading to Waiheke. The unit and location are perfect, supper handy to shops, beach and restaurants. i have no hesitation in giving it a 10 out of 10. Regards
Paul Hawthorn, Feb 2012
- "Absolutely lovely bach overlooking quiet bay perfect for swimming and kayaking. Even had a coffee machine. Would definitely come back." Orna McGinn Apr 2017
- The host and ome were both wonderful. I would totally recommend this place to a friend and would love to return. Thanks for the great service Richard.
Kasey Mar 2017
- "Amazing property, great location with outstanding views. Very roomy fitted in 7 adults and 2 babies comfortably. Having the Kayaks and E Bikes onsite a lovely bonus. Would definitely recommend this property. Richard answered communications promptly, he met us at the house to welcome us and explain Waiheke's attractions. Over all very happy with the entire booking process." John Riddler Mar 2017
- "Richard was great and everything was smooth and easy for us to enjoy the property. Was great, we all wanted to stay longer" Chris Hamill Mar 2017
- “The house is amazing. We had a great cooking in the kitchen. And the bed is superb. Also, we enjoyed the private beach so much. Neither too secluded nor too noisy. Perfect place for a large family! ” Rachel Sheng Jan 2017
- “Richard, we really enjoyed staying at Golden Sands on Waiheke Island. The view is beautiful, the location is great (we didn't realise how close to the beach it is!), the layout worked really well for us, and the house itself is very comfortable. Thanks again - we had a great weekend and hope to be able to return someday soon. Best regards. Bob” Robert Vitale Jan 2017
- "This property is something special. It's location is simply outstanding with commanding views of the bay and the level of amenity provided is second to none. Having access to kayaks, electric bikes! just adds so much to the experience of Waiheke. Attention to detail such as the bbq tools, lighter and equipment laid out ready to use shows a real consideration to making the experience fantastic. Highly recommended. Thank you Richard and thank you Golden Sands!"
Chris jack, Nov 2016
- Suited our family perfectly. Such a lovely outlook, must be awesome in summer. Everything we needed was there.
Barbara Knauf, Oct 2016
- "Beautiful location & well looked after. Can't wait to come back."
Jeremy Gleye, Oct 2016
- Totally Bitchen! Great spot.
Jeffrey, Mar 2016
- Lovely open plan up and down living areas and right on the beach.
Louise Deakin, Nov 2015
- Amazing house with beautiful views over the beach and everything you could hope for. The kitchen is very well equipped and the beds are comfortable. It's very clean and well maintained. We had a great stay here. Thank you!
Sona Jarosova, Sep 2015
- Beautiful views from the balconies, warm home with a beautiful homely feel while still being an amazing modern home. We loved our weekend at Golden Sands. The bikes were awesome!
Raywin Rae, Aug 2015
- Excellent location overlooking the beach which is a stone's throw away. House is lovley and in great condition, has everything you need for a weekend getaway. Just needs to be clearer in the description that bedroom 3 is an outside sleepout, not part of the main house :)
Kathryin Lee, Apr 2015
- Fantastic property in a glorious setting. Well supplied in terms of equipment and so on - wish we could have had a week to try everything out!
Tooki Proctor, Mar 2015
- Golden Sands is the ultimate Waiheke holiday home. It is luxurious, comfortable, has a very well equipped kitchen and the deck off the lounge is simply the best. You can sit on this deck all day long and watch the world go by. The views are simply stunning and you are so close to the water that you can hear the waves lapping against the shores of Sandy Bay. It is perfect for families, (the beach is super safe) and groups and is a very spacious well set out home. They have thought of everything for this beach home and we could not have had a more relaxing, invigorating, peaceful , happy holiday. I cannot speak more highly of this property to rent at anytime of year to enjoy this incredible part of Waiheke island. Downstairs can be used as a teenagers retreat leaving the upstairs for adults - everyone undisturbed and happy ! This really is an incredible home and well worth a visit. I am still dreaming about sitting on the deck and looking at the sea view ! Bliss.
Claire Morgan, Feb 2015
- Wonderful location, friendly hosts and fresh eggs!
Kate Smith, Jan 2015
- It was in a great location, very peaceful, quite and well appointed. Nice big living area which was great as due to the cyclone we ended up spending most of the Saturday relaxing on the couches, reading our books.
Andrew Ardern, Mar 2014
- Lovely quiet, private unit - perfect for weekend getaway.
Deb MacCauley, Feb 2014
- Great location as walking distance from the beach. Very private and quiet. Accommodation is Modern and well maintained. Good facilities, kitchen and appliances also.
Chris Hooper, Jan 2013
- Beautiful bach, we loved the spa bath. Such a peaceful location, felt really looked after by the hosts. Would highly recommend and would definitely stay again.
Amy, Aug 2012
- “We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at island panorama. The house was brilliantly kitted out with everything we needed for a relaxing few days. Sharonagh the host went the extra mile to assist with anything we needed.” Stuart Kagan Jan 2017
- “A wonderful place to spend some chilled time away. The view from the deck is stunning. ”
Catherine Jan 2017
- We just wanted to say a very big THANK YOU for the wonderful holiday on Waiheke at 42 Kiwi St - we loved it and had such a relaxing and enjoyable time. Please pass on our regards to the owners - we will be back! Eliza Walker Jan 2017
- "Lovely cottage and sleep-out. Well equipped. Gorgeous views and easy access to Oneroa. We had a really nice stay."
Palxy Wish, May 2016
- Beautiful house and the perfect location.
Sharon, Feb 2016
- We enjoy our stay immensely. The batch has everything we needed. The fire place is lovely and we play heaps on the soccer table. The house is tastefully decorated and extremely confortable.
Patricia Santos, Aug 2015
- The property was awesome, very clean and tidy. Would rent here again anyway. Awesome warm fire. Lots of space, lovely and clean! Great location -close to town. Would come here again any day.
Terrena Kelly, Jun 2015
- The property was open plan with great light and views. It was very well appointed and tastefully decorated. We loved the fire!
Wendy Rowe, Jun 2015
- Beautiful holiday home, much more than a bach, and lovely views. It's a couple of minutes' walk to Blackpool Beach, and 8 minutes' to Oneroa.
Anne Feeney, Apr 2015
- A fantastic relaxing place to stay. Plenty of room for everyone and the view overlooking Blackpool Beach is lovely. Our favourite swimming beach was Little Oneroa at the end of the road, the food, wine and locals were fantastic. Would recommend this place to anyone, groups small or large. Thank you. Denise & Vince (UK) Jan, 2013
- Kiwi View Cottage was even better than we imagined. The photos on the website are great but its even better in person. Fantastic price and amazing views. I (we) would highly recommend to anyone wanting a bach to relax in particularly if you are with a group as there is plenty of room.
Katyrn, Mar 2011
- "Beautiful property and the simplicity to access from the ferry terminal makes for a easy stay."
Blair Sims Apr 2017
- “Awesome views. Use of car an added bonus! Loved it ” Kay Gunston May 2017
- Excellent property with beautiful views of the bay. Owners very pleasant and helpful. High quality breakfast each day was a very nice touch.
Brendon Swallow, Dec 2013
- "Thanks very much for the Bach and for the wine. It's a beautiful place and the views were amazing. Lovely house with awesome views, you can see Auckland in the distance! Nice outdoor areas for morning and evening sun. Walking distance to the beach. Richard was helpful and friendly. Great place to stay with a few family's or friends". Sarah Brown Jan 2017
- “We had an amazing stay for 2 nights at Northern Beaches over the past weekend. The house was excellent, beds were very comfortable and kitchen well equipped. An awesome addition to the house was the hammock and outdoor furniture. Richard is incredibly friendly and helpful! Would love to stay here again in future! Thanks so much.”
Eryn Walker, Nov 2016
- "Great house, lots of room for everyone." Stunning views to the north, west and south.
Gareth Jew, Jun 2016
- Very well equipped house, amazing views & was also very well laid out. Fantastic stay!
Louise, Feb 2016
- It was a lovely weekend on Waiheke ! The batch was awesome, very clean with amazing sea view at both sides !
Gauchard Yoann, Feb 2015
- Great Property. Stayed for family wedding. all enjoyed the stay and all the views. Everything was catered for. Even liked the drive. A very quiet place .
Mike Arbe, Dec 2014
- Awesome property, great views, has everything you need!
Mandy Brown, Oct 2014
- Had the possibility to spent a great weekend in a great house with an amazing view...I can't imagine anything better than that...
Hirschi Marco, Feb 2012
"We usually find when we book somewhere that properties don't live up to the expectations of their photos. This place however excedes expections. It is absolutely splendid". Murray Ferguson Apr 2017. "An awesome property with an amazing view out over Oneroa and a walkway down to the beach. Perfect for a weekend getaway. Would love to stay again" Susan Moody Jan 2017
- Very clean, beautifully newly renovated apartment. Stunning views across Oneroa Bay. Bang in the centre of town meaning easy access to shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. 2 minute walk down to the beach. Fantastic - would highly recommend!
Stuart Dunlop, Jan 2014
- "This property is a stunner. You walk into the house and just go 'WOW'. Huge expansive windows and stacker doors truly let you bring the outside in and t hat view is to die for. We only had 3 days there but would have loved a week just to spend meal times outside bbqing and entertaining & eating with friends & family. The house has 2 x Queen bedrooms so suits 2 couples or 4 women who don't mind sharing a bed. Would love to return."
Denise Snowdon, Mar 2017
- "We absolutely loved our stay. The bach was even more stunning than in the photos which is a rarity. The view is spectacular, the furiture and decor was comfortable and modern and it had so many lovely little touches from the coffee bean grinder to the diffuser which made he place smell deightful. The location was perfect as it was right outside a bus stop but we didn't need to use this as it is walking distance to the town centre of Oneroa. We would definitely stay again." Susan Waugh Mar 2017
- "The place is just beautiful and it was ideal for us as all we wanted to just stay indoor and do nothing.We had everything we needed to do that.Its centrally located and travelling with public transport was easy.Thank you so much." Abhishek Jaiswal Feb 2017
- "The house was awesome and the view was awesome". Tony Denniston Feb 2017
- "Fabulous property with beautiful views and within close proximity to Oneroa shops. Very good value for money." Alesha Gledhill Feb 2017
- "The property was very cosy and it was in a great location. I booked it for my inlaws and they loved it! it was so easy for them to just stroll down to the shops and have everything handy for them without the need of a car! Would come back!"
Meizi Ho, Dec 2016
- “The view is great and fully equipped and appointed. Couldn't have been better. Great location which is an easy 2 min walk into Oneroa.
Terence Duffy, Dec 2016
- “We were here for attending our gay friends' wedding. It was a wonderful stay. Quiet neighbourhood, great ocean view, can even see thousands stars at night. Great location, Close to bars and restaurants. Thank you.”
Garvin, Nov 2016
- “What a great house. Amazing views. A 3 minutes walk to Oneroa township with all the excellent restaurants. We loved sitting on the deck and admiring the endless views. The gardens are beautiful as is the house. So much to do on this island. Would come back for a week next time! ”
Sandra McCullagh, Nov 2016
- “Stunning views, beautiful, comfortable and well equipped holiday home, exactly as described, perfect location just a short stroll down to the main street, shops and restaurants at Oneroa. Wouldnt hesitate to stay again! ”
Carly Waide, Nov 2016
- Beautiful house with a fantastic view in the perfect location.
Jeremy Randerson, Nov 2016
- Beautiful home, prime position with an amazing view in a fantastic location. Loved staying here and would definatley consider staying here again for any future trips to Waiheke.
Michelle, Nov 2016
- What a wonderful home in which to stay. Stunning views and wonderful hosts. Everything perfect, thankyou.
Jane Lyle, Mar 2016
- 2nd year in a row and it still does not dissapoint. thank you so much.
Andrew, Mar 2016
- Awesome place, prime position, great view and all the amenities you could ever need.
Greg, Mar 2016
- The location is perfect, the property simply exceeds expectations. Classes above the average:) Starting from clean, tidy neat--also spacious, equipped wit all that is needed and more --and then furnished with taste, elegant, a pleasure and a privilege to be a guest.
Krassie, Jan 2016
- Beautiful spot. Very relaxing.
Lucy Ginders, Dec 2015
- Wow. Homely and comfy !!
Hawthornes, Nov 2015
- Beautiful view, well-equipped bach and really well-located.
Alex Douglas-Jones, Nov 2015
- This property is beautifully looked after, spotlessly clean and organized. It had everything we needed and more. Fabulous views and the location was perfect for us. Easy walk to the shops and beach. The owners were lovely to deal with and I would certainly recommend this property.
Annette Forrest, Nov 2015
- Great Stay. Excellent property and location it was superb. Many thanks.
Julia Dawson, Nov 2015
- What a fantastic view and house!! Thank you, we will be back.
Dresner family, Oct 2015
- Location to Oneroa village and ferry terminal was excellent. House was fabulous with wonderful views which would be a major drawcard to this place, but the house was very clean, very spacious, very quiet, very homely and had all the amenities and more that we needed. The owners, Hugh & Joan were most welcoming and a lovely couple whose company we enjoyed on arrival. If visiting Waiheke again, we would most definitely stay here again.
Gill Dyer, Apr 2015
- Nice view, tidy house and good location which is near of the downtown.
Abdullah Alharkan Apr 2015
- Absolutely perfect!! Amazing view, lovely home with extras, comfortable beds, within easy walking distance to the beach and shops. Would stay again definitely!!
Sheryl Geddes, Mar 2015
- Everything we could need was supplied - along with piano, games, lovely coffee table books, BBQ. Two double bedrooms. Magnificent view of Oneroa Bay and very easy walking distance to village. Ideal spot for a stay on Waiheke Island.Robin McCullough, Mar 2015
- Lovely modern home with amazing views and everything we needed for a very relaxing weekend away for my fiancé's birthday. Would definitely stay here again :)
Kylie Bracey, Nov 2014
- A great place to celebrate our wedding aniversary. awesome spot.
Robert Hadegen, Nov 2014
- The house is in a great location awesome views very comfortable able to walk to shops and cafes which we loved. Would stay there again. Lovely home great decor.
Glenys Hodgson, Nov 2014
- Gorgeous view, all the mod cons you could hope for and close enough to walk to Oneroa but also escape to tranquility! Loved our stay!!!!
Jane James, Oct 2014
- A perfect spot to get together and relax in magnificant surroundings.
Josophine Dodd, Apr 2014
- Another stay at Oneroa Vista - just as fabulous as the last time ! The house is just wonderful, with stunning views, beautifully appointed, with everything you could possibly need for a magical Waiheke Weekend. Very sad to leave, and planning the next visit already :)
Alex Stuart, Mar 2014
- Amazing place and amazing views. Friendly owners who met us the first day.Will be the first place I will look to stay in next time I come to the Island.
Matt van Geest, Dec 2013
- Walking through the front door you're greeted with an outlook over the bay which is absolutely stunning! A nice quiet property also really handy with a short walk to Oneroa village.
Chad Kelly, Nov 2013
- Fantastic view, close to everything, nicely presented and well equipped.
Teresa Donnelly, Nov 2013
- Absolutely superb in all respects. Would like return soon.
Noelene Divehall, Nov 2013
- This is truly a wonderful house, beautifully laid out, with a lovely relaxed feel to it, and the views are just amazing - it was hard to leave it to go and explore the island, which was the whole idea ! Everything you could possibly wish for provided, so tastefully done and absolutely immaculately and lovingly looked after by our very welcoming hosts. We loved our weekend here - sadly not long enough, but we will definately be back.
Alex, October 2013
- This was a lovely house - even better than we expected. The views were spectacular! Such a delight to wake up to. We were so close to Oneroa village - and yet so quiet. Lovely to be able to walk down quickly for our morning coffee fix. The house was very well equipped - the kitchen especially so. Sharp knives, great quality saucepans, and more than you could want in terms of glasses, crockery, platters etc. Just like borrowing a good friend's home for the weekend. Thanks to Joan who made up all feel so welcome. When we come back to Waiheke (which we will) - we'll be booking your place again! Thanks again.
Tina and Erik, June 2013
- A very nice and comfortable property. We all enjoyed the views from the back and that of Waiheke. All in all an enjoyable holiday and may entice us back for another look.
Trevor Harris, June 2013.
- The stunning views over Oneroa from most main areas of the house were superb. The large living area flowing to the kitchen and dining area made for easy relaxed living. Great sized kitchen which was very well stocked with plates and mugs. Easy walking to the shops and restaurants at night. A suggestion would be wall mirrors in the bedrooms as with two couples sharing the house, when the bathroom was in use there was no other mirror available. Also more teaspoons in the drawers would be helpful.
Carolyn Shapcott, Apr 2013.
- The bach was really beautiful and the hosts made every effort to make our stay fantastic. I would definitely recommend this property! If you want a lovely house with fantastic views, this is the place.
Laura Fogg, Jul 2012
- Beautiful property! Great view! Even better than the photos show. Very tidy.
Daniel, Jul 2012
- Our stay at Oneroa Vista was absolutely fantastic. The house is IMMACULATE and extremely well laid out. Everything you could possibly need is provided, and the views over Oneroa Bay are just stunning! A beautifully maintained and presented property.
Stuart, Apr 2012
- Great house, well set up. Superb views and location.
Peter, Jan 2012
- “Great location right on the beach! Basic bach, but great to have linen provided and both bedrooms were a good size - perfect for two couples (one with a baby in with them). Wish the weather had been better so we could have been out on the deck more, would love to come back in summer!” Natalie Small Apr 2017
- "Awesome stay in a real kiwi bach on a gorgeous beach. Short walk to cafes." Melita Gray Apr 2017
- “Fabulous location and great service from owner, great outdoor living space". Catherine Bamber Apr 2017
- "Richard thank you for fabulous week, everything was smashing and it's an amazing spot, incredible location, fabulous bach and everything you need :-)" Sarah Dewar Mar 2017
- “It's a classic kiwi Bach right on the beach. Onetangi is spectacular and you are only a minutes walk from cafes and corner shop if required. The Bach is pretty basic but you can't beat the location. Richard was really accomodating with check in and check out times which was appreciated.” Rick Goebel Mar 2017
- "This property is an quintessential Kiwi bach, we absolutely loved the place and the stunning location.. we basically didn't want to leave. Richard and team where very friendly and accommodating, they were fast at replying to emails and even met us when we arrived at the accommodation." Yasmin Shardlow Feb 2017
- "Loved the location and basic kiwi-bach-ness!" Carly Flynn Jan 2017
- "Wonderful spot right on glorious Onetangi beach! And one of the last remaining old-school bachs!" Johanna Ibbotson Jan 2017
- “Great position right across the road from the beach. The second bedroom was separate from the main house in the sleepout- so nice and private. Kitchen was well equipped and close to local restaurant. Overall a great place to stay!”
Kate Rattenbury, Nov 2016
- "Our family had a great weekend in the Bach. Had all that we needed. Great location right across the road from Onetangi beach."
katerine Colvine, Nov 2016
- “Perfect location on the beachfront and a nice short stroll to a great beachside restaurant. Richard knew we would arrive late and left welcoming lights on which was a nice touch!”
Dawn Palmer, Jun 2016
- Awesome place, prime position, great view and all the amenities you could ever need.
Jacqoy, Dec 2015
- Amazing beach front location. Slightly more basic than anticipated, but when you're outside most of the time, who cares...
Greg Fromont, Oct 2015
- Lovely position, close to beach, great outdoor setting. Interior VERY basic
Kelly Henderson, Apr 2015
- A cute classic bach, with a stunning view, great outdoor area, and just two steps to the sea, at the best beach on Waiheke. And so nice to find good quality bed linen, pillows and towels supplied!
Caroline Church, Mar 2015
- Really cute Kiwiana Bach, at a fantastic beach front location!
Glenda Smith, Feb 2015
- A real bach at a wonderful location... one of the few left on the beach at Onetangi
Sarah Anderson, Feb 2015
- Brilliant location across the road from one of the world's nicest beaches. Basic bach with few frills but tidy and perfect for a short beach stay including with kids (we had two). Eateries very close at hand. No sign of any of the ants some earlier tenants have mentioned.
Carl Worker, Feb 2015
- Close to beach. Thank you we love it will be back.
TJ Munnik, Apr 2014
- Definitely worth paying that little bit more to be right on Onetangi beach. The situation and view are awesome. However interior could have been cleaner and it’s a little cramped with 4-6 people on a rainy day.
Donald Mackay, Feb 2013
- Great location
Brian Braatvedt, Nov 2012
- Best location.Had a lovely stay, a real bach
Julie Alward Oct 2012
- Great kiwi bach experience in a beautiful location.
Kim, Feb 2012
- Fantastic location right across the road from the beach. Simple bach with large deck to enjoy the sun and the views.
Bruce, Mar 2011
- Was a little small for two couples and the second bedroom was a bit musty. Could do with a bigger lounge as wasn't enough places to lounge while it was raining...as it was for most of our visit.
Lee, Mar 2011
- Primo location, right across the road from the beach. Everything we needed for the weekend was right there. Could not have asked for a better location, and amenities. its rare to find a traditionally rustic kiwi bach now days and I think Onetangi on the beach has captured that with all the right mod cons.
Miram, Feb 2011
- Great location right across from the beach and the bach had everything we needed for a lovely stay!!!
Cleave, Feb 2011
- Had a brilliant time directly opposite the beach on such a stunning weekend. The house was presented well and the deck and BBQ were well-used!
Amyen, Dec 2010
- We really enjoyed our stay at Onetangi on the Beach. Great views and comfortable bach. We'll be back!
Lou, Nov 2010
- Fantastic spot right on the beach provided everything we needed for a great weekend.
Ann, Nov 2010
- We loved the Bach and thought it was perfect for our stay. Especially with a one year old. The only thing we would do would be to put a sliding door on the bedroom so not to wake our little boy when he was sleeping early in the evening. Thanks again.
Col, Mel and Charlie, Sep 2010.
- "We rented several properties to house guests to a wedding. Richard and his staff were excellent to deal with. He was helpful while we looked at properties and decided which to rent, and then when something went a little wrong at one property his staff got it sorted promptly and with good humour. Excellent property for a large group - we had 17 people staying there and then hosted an after wedding brunch for about 60 people there. Everyone staying there, and visiting, loved the property for its view and location." Bryce and Jill Whitcher Jan 2017
- Seriously! This is the place to stay! The views, the location and the hosts. Everything was easy and RICHARD and his team were very quick and friendly in their communication. Very reasonable price for the location and views. Thanks again Richard Martin Leuenberger Jan 2017
- Absolutely great views. Large bedrooms, large launch/kitchen/dining area in the second from top unit: this would have been a possible indoor wedding venue, but weather was splendid for the beach wedding - nice to walk down from the house. Very nice to have friends together before and after reception.
Jatin Puri, Dec 2016
- "Amazing place which suited our large group perfectly, beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms with a view to die for. Soft fluffy towels, crisp white linen. ....ticked all the boxs!"
Alison Webby, Nov 2016
- We had hired the entire group of units! It was a special weekend for us as a wedding with many memories and our stay at Palm Beach Lodge was key to that. Thanks heaps ”“View, Size, second time there and just the best setup for large accommodation i.e. for groups I have seen on the island! ”
Ben Richmond, Sep 2016
- "We rented all 4 apartments at the property for 8 adults and loved the size of the bedrooms with the most stunning views. It was an awesome place to stay. The only slight negatives are the driveway is quite steep for parking and the walk down to the lower 2 apartments is also a little steep. Fine for any able bodied adults/children. Entirely offset by the stunning views from every window that looked down onto Palm Beach. Will definitely be back again."
Jacqui Williams, Jun 2016
- Pros: A great property to share with 2-3 families. The rooms are very large. Superb location and amazing views. Short walk to the beach and playground. Clean and quality linens. Cons: We were not aware that the property is divided into 3 self contained apartments but it ended up working out ok. The overall feel was not as polished as expected form the photos and some fittings are getting a bit tired and need attention. The kitchen was not as well stocked as we usually see in holiday listings.
Senta Hoyte, Apr 2016
- A gorgeous property - was such a perfect holiday!
Aimee, April 2016
- "Brilliant - we were so thrilled with the property and the excellent communication from Richard! Thank you.""A gorgeous property - was such a perfect holiday!"
Aimee MacMillan, April, 2016
- Great setup for a large group. Fantastic views from all rooms. Good place for a relaxing weekend.
Margaret, Mar 2016
- Huge place. Stunning views. Remarkable property. 10/10 would recommend
Karthigan, Mar 2016
- “Excellent views of Palm Beach from both the spacious rooms and the massive deck. Overall pretty well maintained and comfortable stay. The hosts were very friendly and informative as well which is nice if you're a first-timer to Waiheke.. Love the space, views and massive deck. Really comfortable rooms as well. Love the access to the beach, very convenient". Ardash Pagolu Apr 2017
- "Beautiful views and a nice apartment. Loved being able to take our dog. The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is the walk down to the unit from the car is very steep, and it was difficult to transport a lot of luggage. We had two people in our group with knee issues that found the walk quite taxing. Other than that it was a lovely place to stay."
Jacqui Nahi, Nov 2016
- A gorgeous property - was such a perfect holiday!
Aimee, Apr 2016
- A gorgeous property - was such a perfect holiday!
Aimee, Apr 2016
- “Fabulous views, location to the beach & layout of the house. Great for families & groups. Comfortable beds .. great place to chill or socialise". Genny May Jan 2017
- A gorgeous property - was such a perfect holiday!
Aimee, Apr 2016
- Great view
Hector, Jan 2016
- "Extremely helpful and accommodating, nothing was too much trouble. Wonderful position and close proximity to everything" Peter Kerr Jun 2017
- "Had a lovely stay! Was perfect for our bridal party so they could all stay together. Thank you for everything :) Large house with everything you could need. Close to the beach and public transport" Dana Sutherland Mar 2017
- “Incredible place to stay. Super spacious and incredible views. Made for a perfect getaway with friends and close to a beautiful beach. Will be coming back in the future. Thank you. ” Joey Hickman Mar 2017
- "The place was absolutely perfect :) Great views, spacious areas for our big group. We all had a ball. Thank you for having us". Lisa Topless Feb 2017
- “Amazing place with stunning views. Highly recommend!” Chanel Potaka Feb 2017
- "Excellent property for a large group. Very tidy, nice layout and spacious lounge/dining area. Some beds are much smaller than others but it didn't take away from the fantastic house and holiday!"
Lydia Waelen, Jan 2017
- "Easy communication and good service. Thanks Richard." Joanne Walker, Dec 2016
- "Fantastic views of Palm Beach & great house for a family or group of friends."
Cam Larnder, Dec 2016
- Great place and awesome location with a great view of Palm Beach. Place was very clean and everything was arranged for the extra guests including linen and bedding. Highly recommended place to stay for a weekend away.
Andrew, Nov 2016
- “The view from the house was impressive and we arrived to an immaculate spacious house. Richard the host came and walked us through all the local info and we were spoiled for choice. Richard and the owner also went out their way to help with a family situation I had and I really appreciate that. The house would be great for entertaining a number of people (I did just that) or just for a relaxing weekend. Waiheke island is small enough that anywhere you go would be a short distance anyway. Highly recommend to other travellers.”
Beatrix, Nov 2016
- "Amazing amazing house!! Love everything about it .. Great views and everything is very local. Will defiantly be coming back to Waiheke and choosing this Bach. Lovely"
Ramneet Minhas, Jun 2016
- The house was great for our family get together. As mentioned in another feedback you need to be aware that some of the beds are rollouts and sofa beds and sharing rooms. For tall adults some of these are a wee bit small. The house has lovely views and great living and deck area. Very clean and tidy and had everything we needed for our stay.
Ange Voschezang, May 2016
- Amazing property - amazing views - amazing space. BBQ was brilliant, beds were top notch. All round a fantastic spot.
Spency, Mar 2016
- Views were all amazing, and it was a short walk down to Palm Beach but the highlight had to be the insanely good tv and stereo system.
Farsheed Ibram, Feb 2015
- Great location with wonderful views over the gulf. Need a car to get most places although Palm Beach bus close by. Two issues. We ran out of data so maybe a way for the tenant to purchase and pay for additional data from the ISP? Also although technically possible to sleep 12 people, 5 of those places were either roll out beds or couches in common areas with no privacy. Okay for kids sleeping in with their parents or in living room but not really for adults.
Paul Saunders, Mar 2015
- Lovely views, clean and tidy property. Will stay here again.
Malena McQuade, Jan 2015
- Beautiful house in a beautiful part of the country.
Jonny Stanley, Feb 2014
- I booked for my whole family. They are a very fussy lot and hard to please. They all loved it, so I was very happy. They kept inviting the extended family over for cups of tea just to show it off. Next time the wider the family have to go away they all want to book houses instead of hotels like they did.
Carla Vincent, Feb 2014
- Here for our daughter's wedding - perfect spot, loved every minute!!!
Marker Family, Feb 2014
- Really fun, great view, very accommodating and close to everyhing! Loved it.
Mollie, Jan 2014
- Roomy well equipped house. Breathtaking views. Family friendly, comfortably held ten with 6 of them teenagers. Highly recommended.
Emma Fox, Jan 2014
- Beautiful house with AMAZING views. Really enjoyed our stay. Many thanks.
Adam and Rebecca, Dec 2013
- We have had a great time here in "paradise". Loved everything about your house - the great facilities and awesome views. Viva Waiheke!!
Mavis Hunt, Mar 2013
- Absolutely immaculate, what a beautiful spot you have here. Really enjoyed our stay & family time together. Thanks ;-)
Ray Meki, Mar 2013
- A truely gorgeous spot of paradise. Amazing home and surroundings. Thank you for a great stay!
Sharleen Lind, Jan 2013
- Each day spending my time in your wonderful house was another day in god's paradise. Quite a blessing for me to have the opportunity to saty where heaven seemed to have kissed the earth. Your house is truely a retreat-place where I could become calm and feel what is really important in life... Especially your magic garden. So thank you so much for providing this special, well equipped, luxurious space which I appreciated to the full!
Karin Erfurth, Jan 2013
- Beatiful view! Great place to unwind with friends. Thanks for the sound system and the upstairs bed is so comfy!
Evie, Jan 2012
- Fantastic, relaxing stay for Christmas get togehter, love the view and garden walk.
John and Shirley, Dec 2012
- Beautiful place & very comfortable! Loved the view!
Eslaine M Cracken, Aug 2012
- Very nice place, the view is great and the bed was really comfy!
Ann Horne, Aug 2012
- “The house was clean with a beautiful view. ” Sophie Evans Mar 2017
- “It is a beautiful home and it's in a lovely setting. Spotlessly clean with everything you need. ” Pauline Zinsli Feb 2017
- "Amazing house near the beach. Bring everything you need and enjoy the amazing house and scenery" Anna Mathieson Feb 2017.
- “We had a lovely time and the view is amazing. Great location too ”
Amelie Creusy Jan 2017
- "The house is so comfortable. We really appreciated the help, the tips and the yummy bottle of wine. This place matched our hopes for Waiheke and we had a few fun filled days". Fiona Smith Jan 2017
- “Great stay - beautiful property in an ideal location. Everything was very easy to organise and we had a wonderful weekend.”
Monique, May 2016
- The property was amazing, such a great spot to get away for the weekend. The views are beautiful, and the house is very spacious and comfortable. Such a great location as well.
Tony Fisher, Apr 2015
- Property was selected for the outlook and ground floor bedroom and ensuite for my elderly mother in law, which were both wonderful. The spiral staircase, to the upstairs bedroom was a challenge after going to the Vineyards!
Sue Stephens, Mar 2015
- Lovely well-kept property with gorgeous views. Lovely little touches included breakfast being provided and a bottle of bubbly and box of biscuits in the fridge to welcome us! Good location for exploring the island provided you have a car (as not walking distance to any shops or restaurants). Overall I would highly recommend.
Hannah, Jan 2016
- We loved every minute of our stay. The Bach was modern, clean and tidy and the complimentary wine and chocolates were a nice surprise. The location was great and we'd definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxing stay.
Alex Plank, Feb 2015
- Awesome place on an island of NZ paradise! Highly recommend for anyone looking for peace and comfort. Thanks for a great stay!
Mark Smith, Nov 2013
- We enjoyed our stay at the studio - it was a nice clean and well-equipped place. Would stay again and also recommend to other couples.
Sarah Seal, Oct 2013
- A lovely spot to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of the island - while being close enough to some lovely spots to visited and enjoyed. Made very welcome by the hosts and we appreciated the use of the garage to put our kayak trailer in out of the way during our visit. Would happily recommend this location to anyone looking for a cosy spot for two!
Robyn Denton, Apr 2013.
- Cute place. Has everything you need and very nicely done out and well kept. Perfect base for exploring Waiheke.
Lucy- Jan 2012
- Fantastic place. There was nothing that could have been better. The house was set up beyond expectation. We had a great relaxing stay. Thank you!
Nick Buttar, May 2011
- A very convenient and well set up studio with very gracious hosts. Highly recommend.
Warren Wilson, 07 Mar 2011
- Nicely appointed studio!
Raymond 25 Feb 2011
- Very new, very cool, relaxing a surprise with the DVD library! A very enjoyable weekend!
Emmy van Middelaar, 05 Feb 2011,
- Excellent for those who want to find a quiet spot.Very tidy studio. Well equipped, nice and private.
Hilary Emanuel, 29 Jan 2011
- Great service and facilities at the studio. Lovely to meet the owners, who were very hospitable and friendly. Perfect for our wedding night. One small thing that would have been great to have would be robe Would highly recommend.
Marlena Hardjo, 14 Jan 2011
- Very tasteful, private clean accommodation.
Susan 10 Jan 2011
- The extra touches of wine & chocolates were very much appreciated.
Peter Keysers, 03 Jan 2011
- Fabulous will definately use again! Everything was as described. Highly effective system.
Angelique Fris-Taylor, 17 Dec 2010
- Very nice and have recommended it.We really enjoyed our stay at your studio unit, it was everything we could have wanted, modern, clean, private, quiet, fully equipped, outdoor area. Very nice and have recommended it friends.
Lyn and Adrian Poell, 31 Oct 2010
- “Lovely”The studio was set in bush/type surroundings, beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean. We had every thing we needed…thoroughly enjoyed our stay there & would book it again.
John & Robyn Parker, 23 Jan 2010
- Simply GREAT! the accommodation was lot more then we expected, it was clean, new, tidy and it had everything including pots and pants cutery plates you name it it was there! we could have lived there for years!
Eric Hwang, 29 Dec 2009
- “Our stay at the Shelley Beach home was great, made even better by beautiful Waiheke weather and our favourite feature of the home - the spa pool! This little home is a convenient 2 minute walk away from Goldie vineyard and would be perfect for 2 couples or a small family. The only suggestions we had were to please leave a little manual on how to operate the facilities in the home e.g. the TV, oven, spa pool etc. We also felt a little cold while staying here in the winter, a few extra blankets would make a huge difference. All in all we had a lovely stay in this home and would recommend. ”
Siobhan Kelly, June 2016
- Lovely views. Dogs barked a lot which was annoying - especially early in the morning and when we were sitting on the veranda trying to enjoy the view and the peace.
Philippa Swale, Apr 2012
- The 2 Labrador dogs at the property are called "Sam' and "Sally". They have there own space away from the apartment. They are very friendly especially if you call them by their names.
Simon, Mar 2011
- A great place to stay if you are looking for a quiet restful break - the view from the coutyard is awesome and very private. Highly recommend Passage Rock winery for lunch on a balmy summers day...! And Man o' War Bay was well worth a visit - take your kayak.
Wendy McBride, Jan 2011
- "Beautiful design no doubt. The location was great, just around the corner from the morning markets, bus stop was right outside. Spa was lovely, nice and secluded in the bush. insect repellent was provided which we loved! Christine Martin Apr 2017
- "A unique property. Nice bush setting. Good location easy walk to beach, supermarket and bus stop close by." Caroline Chapman Apr 2017
- “Magical private spot, handy to everywhere. Incredible building, will be back!” Lance Bellew Mar 2017
- "Had an awesome time. Great place to stay - we loved it". Jen Ison Feb 2017
- "Clear communication and waiting to let us in. Gave us full rundown on Waiheke.Gorgeous oasis right next to a bus stop. The spa was fantastic". Annie Millard. Dec 2016
- "Beautiful property and the perfect retreat for a couple on a romantic trip to the island. Waking up to the view of native bush, soaking in the spa and sitting by the fire pit with a glass of vino are all highlights. Only drawback would be the house isn't overly friendly for us 6ft + folk. Stunning architecture comes with some compromises :)"
Jamie Dickens, Oct 2016
- "The property is very different and a very cool place to spend the weekend."
P Churchman, Sep 2016
- Great property and location! Especially loved the fire place and the spa - was really good that everything we needed to get a good fire going was provided."
Prianka Dhanapaul, Jun 2016
- This house is an EXPERIENCE. Amazing at night, a beautiful triangle lit up in the bush, so cool to see when sitting in the spa with a glass of wine or hanging out at the fire pit. Amazing in the morning, waking up feeling you're in the bush, after sleeping in a cozy bed. Everything was pristine in cleanliness and completely lives up to the rave reviews in Elle Decor Italy, Urbis, etc. You won't want to leave.
Margaret Hubert, Jun 2016
- "We had a great weekend staying here, highly recommend!"
Brooke Hannington, May 2016
- A gem of a structure the spiral staircase was a challenge but worth it for the view from the comfy bed felt like sleeping in the trees. We were attending wedding so spent little time a the BACH so did not use the hot tub!
Roni, Mar 2016
- "Fantastic set up for families. All of the facilities were clean and tidy. Great kitchen, the bedrooms were well set up and the games area down below was awesome. We would definitely recommend this property." Cherie Petrowski May 2017
- “Great communication from Richard, the house was accurately described and a wonderful home. I would highly recommend this as a place to stay to anybody. Great location and a nice relaxing place to get away. Thank you Richard. We had a magical weekend spent with family and friends.” Sam Baron Mar 2017
- "Incredible Bach - very well equipped for a large group and we loved the spa pool. Perfectly situated for palm beach, and easy to hop on the bus to oneroa and onetangi. Will hopefully be back!" Alice Dunn Jan 2017
- “Maire was a marvellous host- she was in touch via email well in advance of our arrival, and called the morning of. The house is huge, far larger than it appears in the photos, and was perfect for what we wanted- a comfortable, relaxed, and spacious house for our large group. The location is good too, central to Ostend and Palm Beach. ”
Will Thomas, Jan 2017
- "Amazing property, would book this again, great for a large group."
Greg Sewell, Nov 12016
- "Absolutely wonderful! Divine place, that both my friends and I would certainly seek to rent again. It is visually appealing, set down a drive way in the bush. The place has been so well thought through in providing guests with a warm, welcoming stay, with lots of space. Owners were helpful when dealing directly with them, which we very much appreciated. Watch for mosquitos, even in winter. This place has the 'gush factor' it's so lovely!"
Caro McCourtie, Jun 2016
- The house was in a great spot... 5 minute drive to the beach and a 10 minute drive to town. Tidy house and the spa was great. Mosquitos were out in full force being a house in the bush, but other than that a really enjoyable stay. The second night we shut the doors and windows at dusk and the problem went away.
Megal Henzell, Apr 2016
- Lovely house hidden away in the gardens - perfect for group trips to Waiheke. Table tennis, hot tub and entertaining space is very relaxing. Bedrooms and bathrooms comfortable and convieneint. Highly recommended.
Laura, Feb 2016
- Escape Waiheke is amazing. The bedrooms are sizeable and there are enough living spaces for groups of people to chill and hang out without crowding each other. The facilities are great, clean linen and towels; spa pool and entertainment area downstairs was great for our group. Very close to Palm Beach. Great deck and BBQ/entertaining area upstairs. We would love to stay again!
Amelia, Feg 2016
- The journey out to the property is just as spectacular as the property itself, but would highly recommend a 4x4 vehicle as there as some steep gravel sections. The property itself is set on a private beach with only the owners residence up on the hill. Animals, including peacocks, sheep, donkeys and birds, are scattered throughout the property which is very cool. The interior of the place is very basic but has everything you need to have a comfortable stay. Board games around the fireplace or reading a book on the couch is a great way to relax and unwind from the world. We felt very secluded, which was nice. Thank you very much to Sue and Don for welcoming us and making our stay one to remember. Will definitely be returning in future.” This place will always hold a special place for me as I proposed to my partner on the jetty. Will definately be back.
Matthew, Nov 2016
- Place was simply stunning.. A fantastically beautiful and well maintained property that met all of our needs. I truly hope to be back soon!” Such a great open land space, this water front cottage has exceptional scenary.
James, May 2016
- Awesome spot! Would def go back. Kids were in heaven.
Jacqui Furness, May 2015
- Great set up. Right on the water is nice.
Aaron Shipman, Feb 2015
- Fantastic property. cottage small, but worth it for the location. property manager (Brent) was very welcoming and helpful.
David Williams, Apr 2014
- WOW, this place is amazing! The photos on the website do not do justice for just how breath taking this place is. Jumping off the jetting at high tide, hand feeding the birds, walking round the rocks, sleeping to the sound of the water, Beautiful. Our car ran into a bit of trouble (flat battery and flat tyre!) and the owners and the property manager were outstanding, we were blown away by how helpful they were. Highly recommend and we look forward to going back. Very private.
Angela Martin, Feb 2014
- Fantastic weeks stay at the Bach, just what we needed, plenty of opportunities to keep busy from walk's, kayaking, exploring, fishing outside the reserve and enjoying the isolation. Manager was very helpful and encouraged the kids to visit the Avery, peacocks were very entertaining.
Susan Reelick, Jan 2014
- The spot is quite far away from the wharf and town. So once you are there you stay there. The place is at the most amazing spot. So much land and the batch is right on the beach. I would highly recommend staying there.
Juliette Lovett, Jan 2014
- We absolutely loved this venue. It was truely amazing. We had it all......beach, farm and room for the boat. The Farm manager was absolutely fantastic and made our stay really enjoyable. We would love to return!!
Karen Spicer, Jan 2014
- The property is amazing! Very cool little Bach and so close to the water. We would definitely look to visit again and is perfect if you are taking your 4x4 with you for the weekend. We woke up to the sound of the waves crashing onto the beach outside the front door and half a dozen peacocks chilling on the front deck!
Rhodri Thomas, Aug 2013
- We enjoyed our stay at Whites Bay. The bach is small, but nice. We enjoyed the use of the kayak and dingy, and swimming in the bay. The property manager was very friendly and helpful. We would recommend this property to those looking to get away to a more remote location.
John Pawlick, Jan 2012
- "Helpful and friendly on arrival. Good location for Oneroa Stay" Victoria Brunton May 2017
- “Cute place! Close to everything and great host!" Richard Smith May 2017
- "Great location"
Lynn Cartwright, Apr 2017
- “Great base for Waiheke Island” Sarah Silveria Mar 2017
- “Very much enjoyed our stay at this beach bach! When not exploring the island, we enjoyed hanging out in the TV room and having a glass of wine on the back deck. Wind chime has great access to black pool beach and a short walk to Oneroa town (shops, restaurants, and sandy, wavy beaches). My mom and sister enjoyed kayaking! I hiked up from black pool to one of the wineries! Great spot to walk along the shore and through many close by bush walks. Walking to dinner was such a plus too!” Grace Galvin Mar 2017
- "What a fabulous place to stay. The house was just perfect for our needs, and the location was superb. We'll definitely be back to make the most this place has to offer which includes use of the sports equipment. A real bonus."
Margaret O'Sullivan, Feb 2017
- "We stayed here for four nights and had a wonderful time. It was particularly nice to be able to borrow a kayak." Graeme King Feb 2017
- "Nice and clean house. House is close to the beach, ferry."
- Raghad Asmaro Feb 2017